Saturday, December 7, 2013

24th Nov 2013 to 30th Nov 2013. [Bada ka Badha Mazaa - Part II]



This week was a sad week for Shyamlal Bathija and family. Ratna lost her young brother Keshu [66 years] along with her Jijaji Arjandas Sukhija [90 years]. Avi-Pinky-Savi-Ravi went to Mumbai on choutha of Arjandas on 29th. Mummy had also planned to go, but at last minutes she decided to skip this trip as she has to sit around 12 hours at one place, which due to her nerves problem was difficult. A very sensible decision, which I am sure Ratna will also appreciate. 

 Bada ka Badha Mazaa - Part II


 DAY ONE: I was planning after good night’s sleep, a small session of sleeping peacefully till we reach Bhuj. Kashyap woke up early to my surprise and told, change of plan. We need to get down at Gandhidham and not at Bhuj! From Gandhidham, all ‘baraties’ will take ‘Toofan’ for Jain Mandir and reach Bada vai road.


Morning was pleasant and expectations were high. All twelve ‘Toofans’ reached the Jain Mandir where breakfast was ready. It was as good as Lunch and time was perfect for me, 9.0 Clock. Some 'Baraties' did a full 'Vidhi Porak' pooja. First taking bath, putting jains speacial dhooti-bochan type dress.
 



On day two, I got up early, enjoyed the fresh air and went for walk, without making a cup of tea for myself. Thought I will check out a tappri. But the sleepy town was really sleeping. No one was around when Sun came out, bringing rosy shades along with bright light.
I enjoyed pollution free atmoshpehere like a silly person, thanking god for such clean air, fresh climate, noise free background sounds filled with various early birds catching worms.

As I walked further, I meet a old man! Wearing muffler, walking briskly, with long hardwood 'Dhanda' in one hand. He claimed to be 70, but I had to practically trot along to keep up with him. He was one of the rare local resident, who has a good business in Mumbai, now in his son's hand. He prefers Bada gaon and stays here from Diwali to March. He showed me his Cotton fields and explained all about local economy. Agriculture, Wind Farms, Vipasana Center and Funding from Mumbai! 


by P G Dodeja

No comments:

Post a Comment