Saturday, March 22, 2014

17th March 2014 – 23rd Mar 2014 [Holi Ke Rang]


 
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.  ~Carl Sandburg



Rang Barse……

We started from Wanwadi, ‘Aaramsee’. Akshay has started cycling towards Khandla from 6.30. So we expect him to reach his destination by 12 O’clock. In Xylo we were only 3 members and we have to make many stops in route to Khandala. Office -  Bakers Pride – Daimond Bakery – Pimple Saudagar – Medical Store – Krshna Kunj. As the topography of Pune is changing very fast, I missed one turn, this extended our driving time by 30 minutes.

 
Ready for Holi, with different hair colors!
Mona had planned this event and was highly tensed up, according to my sources.

 However, I was sure that we will all enjoy, simply because we were meeting after many years for Holi. All in all we were more then 25 souls, some carrying bad feelings, some carrying new feelings, some carrying nervous energies, some carrying holiday mood, some carrying stars in eyes and some carrying nostalgia in heart.  

Our lunch was planned at Prakash Chawla’s Bunglow. It must be more then 10 - 15 years that I got the chance to eat Lunch made by Bhabhi. She is typically Sindhi lady (though she would disagree), very good in cocking 'Kari-Chawar'. The best item she cocks still now is ‘Dahi Wada’s’ Wow. I was busy clicking pictures of new generation. Mehak – Mehar – Rohan and new member Aarti, Kunals fiance. Just as we were getting into a productive streak, lunch was announced. And I left my camera behind and attacked dinning table.

Evening was spent in clicking the newly engaged couple, Kunal & Aarti. Narang family is still joint family, living right in middle of Mumbai’s most glamorous, materialistic society. So this new edition in family will have to understand this unique position and join the family. She is showing already the strong sense of possessiveness towards Kunal. He is enjoying that extremely, happy and content. Everyone is sounding various opinion on her, and I find it very difficult to form an opinion based on brief meeting and Hi – Hello on a social meet. Extremely difficult.

Lonavala has grown into a modern township from a laid back, weekend town. All kids wanted to go out for coffee and some snacks. We started for one 'Dhaba', Sunny said, we will have to return from there as the waiting period will be more than 60 minutes! Next alternative was go to Multiplex! Lonavala today boasts of 3 screen multiplex with more than 11 different restaurants! And can you believe the ‘Cream Center’ where girls wished to eat also had waiting period of 45 minutes in a Mall! So all who were hungry have to settle for pizza – pasta -  coffee – Pav Bhaji dinner.

Holi day,started with Mahek – Mehar – Myself getting busy filling the balloons with water. Ravi soon reached Khandala for Holi. Ravi – Bhabhi – Pammy – Bindiya – Khoshboo –Mehak – Mehar – Rohan, all formed a party of DO NOT TOUCH ME. I had other ideas, but was not sure if that will be accepted or I should pester them. 

So I started without color with Mehak – Maher. I have to run after young and energetic Ravi, just to come within striking distant of ‘pitchkari’. I failed in my first attempt, he was very fast.

Holi started earnestly with throwing of Akshay – Muskan in Swimming pool.  Akshay with Muskan was in swimming pool most of time. Muskan brought her oil jar, skin cleaning solutions etc and kept applying it. Sunny and myself were busy applying color and rest were busy removing it. 

This Holi I had planned to use Bhang in big way. But, my idea of Bhang failed. Bhabhi did make separate portion of ‘Thandai’ with Bhang. I drank half glass with no reaction. Khushbo drank one full glass with no effect.

 Rest I used as Holi color. Because whom so ever I was offering, some joy killer will come and warn, ‘Do not drink this, Jiju has added Bhang in it.’ Holi continued with series of No-No by victims, followed by ‘Lepa Poti Rang Ke’, in reaction of "LepaPoti' a dip in swimming pool. This process continued to my satisfaction. Mona was insisting on organic colors, whereas I have bought standard 5 kg color Gulal, After some time she also started using routine color, as organic color is good for pics only, not for Holi.



Best part was, when I would apply color on Aarti, Kunal will feel bad about it and will get busy in cleaning her face. And it was visa versa when color was applied to Kunal. So during this Holi, both newly engaged love birds were inseparable.       

 After Holi, may be some residue effect of Bhang made me confront Pammy in big way. I harassed her consistently for not playing Holi, so much that at one point, I was sure she was going to give her tongue lashing. Poor girl managed to control herself.  I was cajoled by her mother, who was enjoying this Pammy bashing to extreme. Even Dilip who stays away from all this banter, took me aside, and said, ‘If you are feeling so bad about her not applying color, please do so now.’

I replied ‘Wrong, I am feel more good by harassing her. When will I, get such opportunity again?’’

With Pashu not participating earnestly, Bhabhi / Vishal coming very late, Prakash feeling like vomiting, Pinky clicking picture, Mona all tensed up, Sona protecting her kids, Tina devoting her time to Rohan, No one in mood for dancing, so, we ended our Holi by 2.30.

It was one of those balanced enjoyable Holi, good, but could have being great celebration.  
 

by P G Dodeja

No comments:

Post a Comment