Saturday, June 27, 2015

22nd June – 28th June 2015 [ Rains have started]



 
Sun: I had bet with Kashyap that if ‘Chutki is born, you will shave your beard and mustache for one year, if Kabira comes, I will shave mine, but once only.’ I lost. It took me 15 days to prepare myself and fulfill my word.

For the first time I had shaved my mustache was in 14th May – 1992 in Badrinath, just for fun. We wanted to see, how much I resembled Avi. The on 4th June 2000, I got mustached shaved as per tradition on Daddy’s death. Rinky was thoroughly enjoying the process and clicked many pictures. Muskan was not able to hold her laughter and continued laughing till everyone was doing the same. Only one who was not laughing was Kabira, the person responsible for this situation.

And after this clean shave, this is what some have to say.
Chinky “ You look more like mummy.”
Avi “You look like Moti Uncle.”
Akshay “You look ten years older.”
Kashyap “You look like Manu uncle.”



Enjoying the first rains, for the first time in 510 Ash Court, for the first time with Kashyaps first born, Mummy's first great grand son.

         
Finally, Rain have arrived in Pune. Our terrace received good amount of rain, and to everyone’s surprise, Akshay blocked the drainage and accumulated enough water to splash around. For us to get wet during monsoon is to stand under a waterfall in some pleasant secluded location around Pune during peak time of season. This time practically we were getting drenched in first shower of season!
 

by P G Dodeja

No comments:

Post a Comment